Click to close

Item

Minute

Action

1.0

Present/Apologies

 

 

 

Present      Phil Cockcroft,  Ceilidh Kemp, Bev King, Janette Morgan, Fran Richards,
Vicky Stacey, Jane Tunney

Apologies:  Cheryl Green, Lisa Hamson, Ali Oliver, Nickie Stickley,

           

2.0

Job Specifications

 

 

2.1

2.2

 

FR distributed job specifications to all committee members. 

It was agreed that FR would take on the role of Correspondence Secretary from NS/JM.

 

 

3.0

Actions from the AGM

 

 

3.1

 

3.2

 

3.3

 

VS to liaise with Jenny East with regard to pre season umpire meeting.  It was suggested that this should be held on Friday, 10 September at John Hanson

The importance of strict timekeeping, particularly during the winter league, was stressed.  It was agreed that the second match should commence at 8.20 to give an extra 5 minutes between matches to the umpires.

Fair play points – FR advised that criteria is set out on Code of Conduct sheet.  To be distributed and discussed at the pre season umpire meeting.

 

VS

 

 

 

JE (VS)

4.0

Development Plan

 

 

4.1

4.2

 

JM to forward copy of development plan to HNA.

The website was discussed and it was agreed to invite Andrea Lovell to a committee meeting to talk about the procedures for keeping the website up to date.  It was also agreed that everything put on the website by teams should go via the committee for approval.

 

JM

FR

5.0

Welcome Back Tournament

 

 

5.1

5.2

5.3

 

5.4

 

Five teams have entered so far (3 x FM, Vixens and Anton Saws). 

The tournament will take place on Friday, 17 September at John Hanson

Due to the small number of entries at this stage, it was agreed that the fixtures would take the form of a “round robin”.

The committee has been approached by Vanessa Lloyd who would like to hold a fund raising event for Spina Bifida at the tournament (eg refreshments, raffle, tombola).  This was agreed.

 

6.0

Registrations

 

 

6.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.2

 

6.3

                                                                                                          
The following teams have registered for the winter league so far:

Abbotts Ann
ACES
Andover Storm
Accelerate (were Anton Saws)
FM Eclipse
FM Eclipse Online
KWD
Specsavers
Stortext FM
Vernham Vixens

We are still awaiting confirmation of the number of Andover Arrows teams that will enter and also entry forms from The Bell and from one other new team.

Burbidges have written to FR to advise that they will not be entering a team in the 2010/11 season.  

It was agreed that the make up of the divisions could not be decided until the next committee meeting by which time more team information will have been received.

The closing date for players’ registration is 31 August.  BK asked whether this could be brought forward in future years to be included with the team entry registration, but it was thought this may cause problems for clubs that have more than one team and hold trials.

 

 

 

 


7.0

Fixtures

 

 

7.1

7.2

 

7.3

 

The winter league 2010/11 is to be held at John Hanson.

It was agreed that the league would start on 24 September.  BK has provisionally booked the courts until 3 December 2010 and again from 7 January (this being a wet weather date).  These dates to be finalised at next committee meeting.

BK has booked the courts from 6.45 until 9.45.  Agreed that the first match would start at 7.00 and the second at 8.20.

 

8.0

Finances

 

 

8.1

 

8.2

8.3

 

8.4

 

8.5

 

 

8.6

 

8.7

8.8

 

John Hanson have advised that court fees will increase to £10 per hour per court next season.  PC to look at this increase and dispute if necessary.  Costs passed on to teams will be reviewed when we know the exact figures from John Hanson.

PC also to clarify junior fees with John Hanson.

It is important that PC is advised of any bookings/purchases made by committee members so that he can tie up invoices when they are received.

There are outstanding fees from the umpiring course.  VS to contact Nicky Armstrong to find out what happened to any payments made in advance.  CK to obtain cheque from FM.  PC to ask Kim Simmonds which two people paid on the day.

There is some confusion over payments being made for mentors.  JM to talk to Carole Williams and Kim Simmonds about the summer league.   It was agreed that all future mentoring/payments must be agreed in advance and monitored carefully.

 

PC advised that all payments/receipts have been made for the winter league.  With summer court fees still to pay, there is a current balance of £1,823.85.

PC to contact Donna Stickley for list of unpaid fines.

PC to check whether he has received a cheque from The Bell for £45 for the presentation evening.

 

PC

 

PC

All

 

VS
CK
PC

JM

 

 

 

PC

PC

9.0

Gifts for retiring committee members 2009/10

 

 

9.1

 

9.2

 

It was agreed that a “thank you” to retiring committee members posted on the website would be sufficient and that no gifts would be sent from now on.

It was also agreed that in future the league would pay for existing committee members to have a meal out once a year as a thank you for their efforts.  It was suggested that this should be capped at £20 per person, with any extra being paid by the committee members themselves.

 

10.0

Equipment at John Hanson

 

 

10.1

 

 

PC questioned whether the posts/nets at John Hanson have been renewed.  JT to carry out a risk assessment (possibly with help of Zara Colwell) on the tournament evening on 17 September.

 

JT

11.0

Any other business

 

 

11.1

 

11.2

 

CG to check number of blank score cards.  When reordering it was suggested that a lighter colour or even white be used instead of the current blue.

JM asked BK to make sure that the new HNA bursary form is on the website.

 

CG

 

BK

12.0

Date of Next Meeting

 

 

 

Wednesday 28 July at the Southampton Arms starting at 7.00 pm.