Click to close

Item

Minute

Action

 

 

1.0

Present/Apologies

 

 

 

 

Present  -   Fran Richards,  Phil Cockcroft, Bev King, Jane Tunney Andrea Westley,

Barb Snow, Ceilidh Kemp, Vicky Stacey, Janette Morgan

                       

Apologies:  Lisa Hamson, Cheryl Green,

 

Not present: Ali Oliver, Nickie Stickley,

 

           

 

 

 

 

 

    

 

2.0

Minutes from the last meeting

 

 

 

2.1

 

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were reviewed and agreed as correct.

.

 

 

 

3.0

Matters Arising

 

 

 

3.1

 

3.2

 

 

 

3.3

 

8.2  carried forward (It was agreed to approach HNA about support with these costs)

 

8.3 carried forward (Discussion took place about the League approaching some of the larger Company’s in Andover to seek sponsorship to help with costs and this will be taken forward next month.)

 

The Risk Assessment at John Hanson was not undertaken on 10 September but JT assured the Committee this would be done before the winter league starts on 24 September.

 

 

FR

 

 

All

 

 

 

JT/ZC

 

 

4.0

Chairman’s report

 

 

 

4.1

 

 

4.2

 

 

4.3

 

 

4.4

 

 

 

4.5

 

 

4.6

 

4.7

 

FR advised that Lisa Hamson has resigned from the Committee due to family commitments.

 

FR asked JT to write to Terry Anderson of Infin8pulse re Strength & Conditioning for Netball workshops.

 

BS to ask Emily Loftus re other player specific training courses in an attempt to attract new players and teams to the league.  Also to ask re funding for such courses.

 

The question was raised whether it would be possible for players to register for training courses on the website.  AW said this would be difficult at present but will try to make this possible from early 2011.

 

PC suggested advertising workshops on Andover Sound.  He also suggested that the ADNA website be linked to the Southampton Arms website and this was agreed.

 

AW to check that old website has been shut down.

 

AW to check whether thank you to retiring committee members was placed on website.

 

 

 

FR has been approached by a team from Wellington Academy wishing to join the Andover league.  Unfortunately it is too late for this season but it was suggested they may be able to arrange some friendly matches and enter the summer league 2011.  FR to pass contact details to BS.

 

 

 

 

 

JT

 

 

BS

 

 

AW

 

 

 

PC

 

 

AW

 

AW

 

 

 

FR/BS

 

5.0

Development Plans ADNA and HNA

 

 

 

5.1

 

 

It was agreed that the development plans will be reviewed after the start of the season

 

All

 

6.0

Players Registrations

 

 

 

6.1

 

6.2

                                                                                                          

NS not present, however FR advised that all players’ registrations have been sorted.

 

It was agreed that NS should let FR have log on details as a backup in case NS is unavailable.

 

 

 

 

NS/FR

 


7.0

Fixtures

 

 

7.1

 

 

7.2

 

Thanks were expressed to BK for the efficient way in which the fixtures list was prepared and circulated so promptly.

 

Team name changes:

 

Stortext FM is now Eclipse BoxIT

Accelerate Personal has reverted to Anton Saws

 

 

 

8.0

Finances

 

 

8.1

 

8.2

 

 

 

8.2

 

8.3

 

 

 

See attached report by PC

 

All summer league deposit cheques were distributed to Committee members at the meeting to be passed on to team contacts.  The deposit cheque from The Bell Inn was retained by PC to cover the outstanding costs from the presentation evening.

 

All outstanding umpiring course fees were settled during the meeting.

 

It was agreed that all outstanding fees from last season’s fines be scrapped and fees already paid by teams were returned at the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FR

 

PC

 

9.0

Umpiring

 

 

9.1

 

 

9.2

 

 

The umpire rota has not yet been finalised as there is a shortage of trained umpires and mentors have not yet been sorted for all trainee umpires.

 

FR to give details of mentors to all trainee umpires and advise them that it is their responsibility to find a mentor.   In addition it is their responsibility to pass the funding of their mentor on to their team.

 

PC suggested that the Committee put together paperwork advising anyone interested in becoming an umpire what the procedure is, and including with this the opportunity to apply to the Committee for funding.  Funding will be discussed at Committee meetings and awarded on merit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FR

 

 

 

FR

 

10.0

Welcome Tournament

 

 

10.1

 

 

 

10.2

 

 

 

10.3

 

CK advised that John Hanson will not be charging for the courts on 17 September.  The only other cost is the trophies and it was agreed that from the £200 entry fees received, £100 will be given to Vanessa Lloyd’s charity, £28 to trophies and £72 to the league. 

 

CK to send an email to all teams who haven’t entered the tournament inviting them to come along and support the fund raising efforts on Friday, purchase raffle tickets and refreshments.

 

The Committee thanked Ceilidh for her hard work in organising this tournament.

 

 

 

 

 

CK

 

 

 

 

11.0

Requests

 

 

11.1

 

 

 

 

11.2

 

The Committee discussed The Bell’s request to have their match on 19 November changed to another date and the majority decision was that we should adhere to the rules in all cases which state that only adverse weather conditions can lead to a game being postponed.  FR to advise NS.

 

JM requested that players/umpires should be able to apply to ADNA for funding if they wish to attend training courses.  It was felt that this is something we should consider for future years as we have already subsidised the significant increase in court fees this season.  Any applications for funding will be considered by the Committee and it was suggested that successful applicants be required to sign an agreement that they will give a certain number of hours of (for example) umpiring in order to make the funding worthwhile.

 

 

FR

 

 

 

 

All

12.0

Date of Next Meeting

 

 

 

Wednesday 3 November at 7.00 at The Southampton Arms