Click to close

Item

Minute

Action

1.0

Present/Apologies

 

 

 

Present  -     Fran Richards,  Phil Cockcroft, Bev King, Andrea Westley, Barb Snow,
Vicky Stacey, Janette Morgan, Cheryl Green

Apologies:  Jane Tunney, Ali Oliver, Nickie Stickley, Ceilidh Kemp

           

 

 

    

2.0

Minutes from the last meeting

 

 

2.1

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were reviewed and agreed as correct.
.

 

3.0

Matters Arising

 

 

3.1

3.2

3.3

 

NS to approach her company (Thompsons?) re funding. 

AW may be able to obtain £500 funding from a member of her team

BS to check with JT to see if Risk Assessment was carried out and if not will complete form herself and give to PC to send to John Hanson.  It was noted that one court is damaged and that some of the post protectors and nets need some attention as they are not up to standard.  BS to get comments from teams on the state of the courts and equipment.

 

NS

AW

BS

4.0

Chairman’s report

 

 

4.1

 

 

 

4.2

 

 

4.3

 

 

 

 

4.4

 

Workshops

BS has emailed Emily Loftus about player specific training courses and is awaiting a response.  JM to raise the question why it costs different amounts for the same courses in different areas at the Hampshire meeting on 6 December (eg £35 in Hampshire, £25 in Bath).

 

Promotion within teams

Discussion took place about whether club players can play up for more than one higher team.  It was agreed that this should be raised at the AGM, however for this season players cannot play for another higher team if they have already been promoted, ie they can only be promoted once during the season.

Tournament – future ones

All the proceeds from this year’s welcome tournament were given to charity, with the league picking up the cost of the trophies (£28).  It was agreed that in future years tournaments should be seen primarily as a fundraising exercise for the league.  If we agree to allow a charity to raise money at a tournament then it must be made very clear from the start who is paying for what.

 

First Aid Bag – whereabouts?

This has been located and will be purchased by FR as the league is no longer required to keep a stocked first aid bag.

 

 

BS

JM

 

 

FR

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FR

5.0

Registrations

 

 

5.1

 

5.2

 

NS not present.  However JM assumes all registrations are up to date since she would  normally receive notification if there were any problems.

The question was raised whether it should be written on the match card if someone is playing up from a lower team.  The procedure is that this should be emailed to NS in advance of the match, and then also written on card even if the player is there as a sub.  If a sub isn’t played it doesn’t count as playing up.  It is therefore important that the box is ticked to show whether or not the sub has been played.

NS to email team contacts advising them that the form must be completed correctly and the box ticked to show whether or not the sub has played.

 

 

 

 

 

NS

6.0

Fixtures/Results

 

 

6.1

 

6.2

 

There has been one rained off evening.  Where possible these matches to be moved to 3 December, with the others being carried over to the new year.  BK to advise teams asap.

BK to send weekly results to AO so that they can put in Advertiser.

 

BK


BK


7.0

Finances (discussed at beginning of meeting)

 

 

7.1

7.2

 

 

 

 

 

7.3

 

7.4

 

PC queried the invoices from John Hanson for courts/room.  To check with BK

Umpiring courses/mentoring cost the league £687 in 2009/10.  It was agree that in future years we do not need to run our own umpiring course as there are funded courses throughout Hampshire, however if we do run our own cost we must ensure that all costs are covered by income.

There should not be any costs for mentoring this year as these are to be paid by the trainee umpires and their teams.

AW to check whether there is a link to Hampshire Netball and also to Southern League on the website.

PC now has all necessary information to do an annual projection of income and expenditure.

PC to detail on outgoing court fee invoices the fact that the league is funding all teams by £25.

 

PC/BK

 

 

 

 

AW


PC


PC

8.0

Umpiring

 

 

8.1

 

JM not available to umpire or mentor on 3 December.

 

9.0

Items for Discussion

 

 

9.1

 

 

 

9.2

 

 

 

Fundraiser pub quiz

 

AW to look into organising a pub quiz in the new year at the Southampton Arms.

FR to look into whether the league has to be registered to do fund raising events.

Wet weather protocol

BS asked what the procedure is with regard to cancelling matches due to wet weather.  It was agreed that FR will check the courts if in any doubt.  FR to email team contacts to advise them that if the decision still hasn’t been made by the time teams arrive, they are to wait patiently under cover at the bottom of the steps whilst the committee and umpires discuss the situation. 

BS asked who is responsible for public liability insurance (ADNA or John Hanson).           

 

 

 

AW

FR

 

FR

 

 

FR

10.0

Any Other Business

 

 

10.1

 

10.2

 

 

JM advised that next year’s All England fees will be £23.50 for adults and £14.80 for juniors.  There are also likely to be changes to the categories of membership including a non player membership (eg scorers and first aiders are likely to have to be registered).

AW to put a note on the website inviting people to send any news to JM for the Hampshire meeting on 6 December.

 

 

 

AW

11.0

Date of Next Meeting

 

 

 

Thursday 13 January 2011 at 7.00 at The Southampton Arms