Click to close

Item

Minute

Action

1.0

Present/Apologies

 

 

 

Present  -       Fran Richards, Bev King, Andrea Westley, Vicky Stacey, Janette Morgan,
Cheryl Green, Jane Tunney

Apologies:     Barb Snow, Nickie Stickley, Ceilidh Kemp, Phil Cockcroft

Not present:   Ali Oliver

           

 

 

    

2.0

Minutes from the last meeting

 

 

2.1

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were reviewed and agreed as correct.
.

 

3.0

Matters Arising

 

 

3.1

 

There were no matters arriving from the previous meeting

 

4.0

Chairman’s report

 

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.2

 

Risk Assessment

JT gave details of two risk assessments that had been carried out on the John Hanson courts on 22 September 2010.  She concluded that there was nothing that constituted a high risk at that time, but advised that subsequently a crack has appeared in one of the courts.  It was agreed that this court should not be used until the problem is fixed.  In addition it was agreed that posts with metal bases should not be used.

JT to give copy of report to PC who will liaise with John Hanson.  PC also to raise question of insurance with John Hanson

It was agreed that risk assessments will be carried out twice a year.

Workshops

It is too late now to organise workshops for this season.  JT to contact Jayne Lee to see whether she is prepared to run player specific workshops during the summer, and if so what sort of skills she could offer.  It was suggested that these workshops might be best attended on Friday/s towards the end of the season.

JM to raise question again at HNA meeting next week.

 

 

 

 

 

JT
PC

 

 

JT

 

 

JM

5.0

Treasurer’s report

 

 

5.1

 

PC not present.  See attached report

 

 

6.0

Registrations

 

 

6.1

 

NS not present, however no problems to report.

 

 


7.0

Fixtures

 

 

7.1

 

7.2

 

Thanks to BK for rearranging the fixtures list following the withdrawal of The Bell Inn.  All matches should now be finished before Easter.

Due to the bad weather so far this season, the option of playing indoors was discussed.  JT to investigate availability/prices for next season at Andover Leisure Centre, John Hanson, Harrow Way and Rookwood.  To include not only Fridays but other possible nights.

 

 

JT

8.0

Umpiring

 

 

8.1

 

CG is managing to fill the umpire rota but it is on a week by week basis with no help from individual teams.  It is felt that the pre season umpire meeting was of no real help this year.  Occasionally it has been necessary to have 2 trainee umpires on the same match, but this is obviously avoided if possible.

The question was raised whether in future years it should be stipulated that any team wishing to join the league must have an umpire.

JM raised the point that trainee umpires do not seem to be progressing partly due to the number of cancelled matches this season.  FR pointed out that trainee umpires are encouraged to attend team training sessions, however few if any seem keen to do this.

 

9.0

Items for Discussion

 

 

9.1

 

 

 

 

FM – trainee umpire costs

CK forwarded an email to FR raising the point that it is costing FM more in fees due to having 4 trainee umpires & having to reimburse them £5 each to pay the mentor’s fee also they have the most umpire’s in the league, pointing out that they are teams without umpire’s, FR calculated that in fact FM are not actually covering approx 45% of their own umpiring duties.

However FR agreed that this is a valid point and that perhaps teams without umpires should be penalised more.  We need to look at this for next season, e.g. if teams do not have an umpire perhaps they should pay a premium to “buy” one from the league (see also 8.1 above).

JM commented that all trainee umpires had the opportunity to apply to HNA for a training bursary to help cover costs.

 

 

 

10.0

Any Other Business

 

 

10.1

 

10.2

10.3

 

JT/BS/CK to be responsible for advising team contacts of future ADNA meetings and asking whether they have any points they wish to be raised.  Either by email or possibly by a flyer given out on a Friday evening prior to meeting.

AW to put date of meetings on website asking for items for discussion.

Next HNA meeting to be held on 25 Jan, items to be raised to be with JM by 17 Jan.  FR suggested asking HNA for ways in which excess funds to be given back to the leagues.

 

JT/BS/CK

 

AW

JM

11.0

Date of Next Meeting

 

 

                      
Tuesday 22 February 2011 at 7.00 at The Southampton Arms